This is the Guarantee for our products referred to in our EUROCELL HOME terms of business. It should be read alongside those terms of business. EUROCELL HOME is FENSA approved. EUROCELL HOME will register all installations carried out by EUROCELL HOME with FENSA and will issue to you a FENSA certificate. You can find more detail about FENSA at www.fensa.org.uk. The terms of this Guarantee are in addition to and do not affect your statutory rights.
Subject to the terms of this Guarantee, EUROCELL HOME guarantees the products against product failure or manufacturing defects as follows:
10 years from the date of delivery (for supply-only) / completed installation:
Frames - Products that are PVC-U profiles and PVC-U fittings will not crack or warp. Exposure to normal weathering will not result in any significant part of the products compromising the profiles or fittings resulting in a change of colour from the EUROCELL HOME relevant colour specification.
5 years from the date of delivery (for supply-only) / completed installation:
Glazing Units - Subject to the door and or window being maintained in accordance with any guidance provided by EUROCELL HOME. Excludes obstruction of vision arising from moisture, condensation or deterioration of the exterior surfaces of the sealed glazing unit
3 years from the date of delivery (for supply-only) / completed installation:
Hardware – Subject to maintenance being carried out in accordance with the guidance provided by EUROCELL HOME. Hardware includes hinges, handles, letterboxes, locks and similar items used on our products.
Should any fault in the product appear within the relevant guarantee period, we will only replace the faulty parts on a like-for-like basis. For example, if an external handle becomes defective, we will look to replace only the external handle and not both internal and external handles.
If we cannot source a suitably compatible replacement, then we may consider offering a full replacement item. The replacement item will be offered on a like-for-like cost basis but if you choose to change any specification and/or upgrade the replacement product, this will incur an additional cost which will be payable by you prior to despatch of the replacement product.
This Guarantee relates to our products as opposed to being personal to the original purchaser of the products. Products repaired or replaced by EUROCELL HOME under this Guarantee shall be guaranteed for the remainder of the original guarantee period as stated above. By way of illustration if a frame is replaced after 3 years, the replacement frame will be guaranteed for 7 further years (making 10 years in total).
What the Guarantee does not cover
The Guarantee shall not apply to any of the following:installation of the products
- installation of the products;
- colour change or other change in appearance, resulting from any form of shading (for example caused by, but not limited to, any overhang or any obstruction of the sun by any permanent or temporary structure, vehicle, landscape, vegetation or, without limitation, tree);
- any colour change or other change in appearance between different sides or orientations;
- any risks actually or usually insured against by a homeowner, including lightning, wind, fire and flood;
- fair wear and tear, wilful damage or incorrect installation of the products (where installation was carried out by a third party) or damage resulting from any negligence, default, act or omission of any person other than an approved representative of EUROCELL HOME;
- structural failures of, or defects in the products (including failure to meet relevant building or construction or manufacturing standards whether industry standards, standards specified by EUROCELL HOME or otherwise);
- external impact to the products, including the supporting structure to which the products have been applied or attached;
- any change of use, alteration or repair of the products (unless such alteration or repair has been approved by EUROCELL HOME);
- application of any coating or process to, discharge of any substance (chemical or otherwise) on the products, use of acids, alkalis and other strong or abrasive solvents for cleaning the products or the supporting structures to which the products have been applied or attached;
- damage caused to the products, such as chipping, staining, abrasion, for example caused by, but not limited to, ladders, aggressive flora, unsecured cables etc;
- failure to clean the products in accordance with the guidance provided by EUROCELL HOME leading to mould growth (which is more likely to occur where products are north facing). Further guidance can be found at www.eurocell-home.co.uk/pdfs/care and maintenance guide v1.pdf or by requesting a copy from email@example.com;
- if the products are installed anywhere outside the UK;
- *if the products have been exposed by you, in storage or end-use, to atmospheric pollution, industrial pollution, acid rain, harmful chemicals or vapours, fire, lightening, flood, abnormal winds or earthquake, or the effects of external heat sources or reflective surfaces, or undue wear;
- *and tear, vandalism, terrorism, damage caused by aircraft, or, without limitation, other unusual conditions; and
- *any failure or defect to the extent it results from non-compliance with any provision of relevant EUROCELL HOME instructions relating to the products, including use, installation, maintenance, and storage of the products.
How to make a claim under this Guarantee
You should send a written notice to EUROCELL HOME at Fairbrook House, Clover Nook Road, Alfreton, Derbyshire, DE55 4RF or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible after discovering a failure or defect, and in any event within 30 days.
You agree to give us a reasonable period of time to repair or replace the defective products and in the first instance we may need an opportunity to inspect them. We expect to be able to conduct an inspection within 30 days of you notifying us of an issue. The inspection will be conducted by us or someone acting on our behalf.
If possible, we will rectify the fault on the same day, however if parts need to be ordered, then a subsequent visit maybe required.If, following a reasonable number of visits, EUROCELL HOME conclude the fault cannot be satisfactorily rectified, then a full replacement product may be offered. Please be aware that if a ‘different’ fault, unrelated to the original fault is reported, this will be treated as a separate issue, but also subject to the terms of this Guarantee.
In the event where the product is no longer available you will be provided with a product of similar specification and value to that originally purchased. If you choose to change any specification and/or upgrade the replacement product, this will incur an additional cost which will be payable by you prior to dispatch of the replacement product.
In the unlikely event that we cannot repair or replace the product, a refund of the original purchase price will be given.
Where applicable, we will only replace the products that we consider to be defective and covered by this Guarantee, which may be fewer than the total number of products originally purchased.